- consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy; and
- acknowledge and agree that we may change, modify or otherwise amend this Policy from time-to-time.
We collect a variety of information about our in-store and online customers and Website visitors. This section describes the information we collect. The information you provide may be used by the Company in our retail business, our online business, to fulfill orders, to operate our loyalty program and our private label credit card program and to communicate with customers regarding offers of goods, promotions or other benefits from us or our third party partners that Christopher & Banks reasonably believes may be of interest to all or certain of our customers based upon customer demographics, buying history or other reasons. Information Collected Automatically. Each time a computer or other device (collectively, a “computer”) visits our Website, we may automatically collect certain information from that computer. Information that is automatically collected may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- characteristics about your browser, operating system and computer you use to access our website
- the name of the domain and host from which the computer accessed the Internet;
- the Internet address of any website from which the computer linked;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- the date and time the computer accessed the Website; and
- if you accessed our Website via a link in an email you received from Christopher & Banks, your email address,
This type of information on its own does not tell us who you are, although it may identify the computer that you are using and how you are using it. We may also combine this information with personal information you have provided to us (as described below).
On our Website, we also collect and track certain types of information about your use of our Website, such as which pages or features of our Website you visit, when and how often. We may combine this type of information with other demographic information about you or other information you provide to us.
We use a third-party service to publish ads on our behalf across the Internet. This third-party service may collect information about your visits to our Website and other websites and your interaction with our products and services, as well as with websites generally. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. They also enable us to collect the following types of information: pages visited, products viewed and/or purchased, search term usage and other common website metrics. This information helps us to learn things like what pages are most attractive to our customers, which of our products most interest our customers and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. This is often called “behavioral advertising.” This information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by many websites. Our Website does not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers, but several of our third party service providers who utilize these tracking technologies on or Website may enable you to opt out of these advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org or aboutads.info/choices/. We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us as explained below.
Personal Information that You Choose to Provide to Us. You may provide us information about yourself through our Website, in person, in a store, by our store personnel using point of sale systems, by phone or mail, through social networking and similar websites, by e-mail or text messages, and in other ways. For example, you will give us information if you place an order; create a user profile, provide requested information as part of a loyalty program, credit card application or employment application, or a registration either online or in-store; request information from us; send us an e-mail or text message; provide feedback about our stores or website; send us your name or other information; enter a contest or sweepstakes either online or in-store; follow or interact with us on social media; or fill out certain forms related to our business of selling women’s clothing or in response to a marketing program or other promotion that we may be involved in. The information that you provide to us may include your name, address, telephone number, purchase information and history, e-mail address, and credit card number, as well as other information. You may also provide us with the name and address of a gift recipient.
If you apply for a Christopher & Banks credit card online, you will be providing your Personal Information directly to the issuing bank for the Christopher & Banks credit card. However, your name, address, phone number, birth date and credit card number, as well as any additional information necessary for us to provide you with the perks and privileges of the Christopher & Banks credit card, may be provided to us by the card issuer.
We may collect your information:
- as permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process; and
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
As stated above, we and third parties may use your information to help us make the Website more useful to you and for other business purposes. For example, we or our Marketing Affiliates may learn how many computers visited our Website or what pages were most popular. We and/or our Marketing Affiliates may prepare reports and analyses using such information.
Personal Information.. We may use your Personal Information in order to manage, maintain, and develop our operations, including for example:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with the items that you have ordered;
- to enable you to register and access an account with us;
- to be able to review your orders so that we may: (i) understand your preferences for our products; and (ii) work to improve our Website and products;
- to analyze what items you may be most interested in and suggest those items to you;
- to communicate with you, and to send you information we think may be of interest to you, including marketing information from ourselves and/or our third party partners;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may share your information with selected third parties:
- as permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- as part of our regular reporting activities;
- to protect our rights and property;
- during emergency situations or where we deem it necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; and
- with your consent.
When Christopher & Banks conducts contests, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys, or joins with other companies to do so, if you choose to participate you may be asked to provide Personal Information. Christopher & Banks and the other participating companies may use this information for such purposes as notifying winners and fulfilling promotional obligations, and may also cross reference customer databases to identify common customers. Information from these activities may be used to explore future promotional opportunities or fulfill contractual obligations with respect to such contests, sweepstakes, etc.
E–mail: : To opt out of receiving promotional e-mail communications, click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail that you receive or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text Messages: You will only receive promotional text messages from Christopher & Banks if you expressly opt in to receive such messages. If you would like to stop receiving promotional text messages from Christopher & Banks, reply to a text message you receive from us with the word “STOP”.
Postal Mail and Phone: You may opt out of receiving phone calls and mailings by postal mail by contacting us as described in “Our Contact Information” below.
It may take us a number of days to complete the process to remove you from our communication distribution lists, as is permitted by law.
Your information is stored on servers located in the United States. We and the vendors who help us with hosting and security use a number of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are intended to be appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. However, there is no such thing as perfect security. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website, and you do so at your own risk. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for the unlawful actions of third parties or the consequences of such actions. You should take your own steps to protect your own computer systems and data from viruses, hackers, identity thieves and other risks.
We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) in an effort to keep your order information secure. SSL encryption has been established for every transaction made through our Websites.
Our Website may permit you to view and change portions of your Personal Information, such as your shipping and billing addresses, telephone number, birthday and password if you have an account on our Website. Click here to view or change this contact information. You may also contact us in the ways described below in the section on Our Contact Information to change some portions of your Personal Information, or, to the extent required by law, to learn what type of Personal Information is being kept about you.
When requesting access to your Personal Information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you some of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- in some circumstances, we may not agree with your request to change your Personal Information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question
- even if you change your Personal Information, we may continue to preserve a copy of your old information based on various back-up and archival methods in place at Christopher & Banks;
- your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are some instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you. In addition, your Personal Information may have been destroyed, erased, or made anonymous or unavailable in accordance with our security, record retention or other practices.
Our Website may contain links to other web sites. We provide these links for your convenience, but we do not review, control or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others. We are not responsible for the performance of these sites or for your business dealings with them. Your use of other websites is subject to the terms and conditions of those websites, including the privacy policies of those websites.
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed your Personal Information during the preceding calendar year for the third parties’ marketing purposes.
- 1.Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 2.Call us at: (763) 551-5000; or
- 3.Write to us at: Attn: Privacy, Christopher & Banks, Inc., 2400 Xenium Lane North, Plymouth, Minnesota 55441.