Affiliate Program FAQs
- Q: How does the program work?
- Q: How much does it cost?
- Q: How do I get started?
- Q: How do I create links to Christopher & Banks?
- Q: Can I take the order on my web site?
- Q: Does my web site qualify?
- Q: Can a web site based outside the United States become an affiliate?
- Q: What if I operate more than one web site?
Q: How does the program work?
- The Christopher & Banks Affiliate Program allows you to make money by referring customers to the Christopher & Banks web site. Every time you refer a customer to us and that customer makes a purchase on Christopher & Banks, you earn a commission. We handle transaction processing, fulfillment and customer service. We also provide you with detailed reports on sales from your site. You make a commission on every sale.
Q: How much does it cost?
- Applying to and participating in the Christopher & Banks Affiliate Program is absolutely free. There is no charge to apply. In fact, there are no fees of any kind.
Q: How do I get started?
- Step-by-step instructions:
1. Read the Christopher & Banks 2. Fill out the . 3. If you are accepted, we will send you a username and password to Rakuten. 4. Decide how you want to sell Christopher & Banks products on your site. You could build a store, link to different sections of our site, display banners or write reviews of your favorite items. It's up to you! 5. Create links to Christopher & Banks using the easy to follow steps within Rakuten 6. Return to Rakuten at any time to see reports of how your site is doing, how many people are browsing, and what they're buying. Run reports your way whenever you want - they're updated every day! 7. Get paid!
Q: How do I create links to Christopher & Banks?
- Just log in to and create your links. We give you many different ways of linking to Christopher & Banks, including links to specific categories and access to special offers. This allows you to maintain your site's unique look and feel, while making it very easy to link to Christopher & Banks. If there is something you don’t see, let us know and we will work get it updated for you.
Q: Can I take the order on my web site?
- No. Our frequent catalog updates, daily pricing changes, and regular availability checking are all part of our integrated catalog and ordering software. By using our system to Quote Christopher & Banks product availability and take orders, you ensure that your visitors get the most up-to-date information and ordering options available from Christopher & Banks. In addition, a customer's contact and billing information is crucial to our ability to offer excellent customer service. Let Christopher & Banks take care of everything, then sit back and enjoy the benefits.
Q: Does my web site Qualify?
- Most web sites will qualify to participate in the program; however, we may reject web sites that we determine are unsuitable. Anyone may submit an application. We do reserve the right to refuse membership to a site or revoke a site's membership any time if we deem it contains or links to objectionable material. Objectionable material includes, but is not limited to, pornography, explicit language or content, violence, discrimination, promotion of illegal activities, violation of intellectual property rights or laws, libelous, defamatory or disparaging materials, or sites with little or no original content. Please see the Affiliate Operating Agreement for more information. Please see the for more information.
Q: Can a web site based outside the United States become an affiliate?
- No, not at this time. Christopher & Banks only ships to the U.S. and affiliates based outside the US cannot be properly compensated.
Q: What if I operate more than one web site?
- You can have multiple sites under one affiliate account. To set them up, please e-mail Christopher & Banks’ Affiliate Manager, and provide the names and URLs of the additional sites. You will then be able to create links specifically for each site and generate separate reports for each site. You will receive one commission check for all of your sites.
General Information Referral Fees, Tracking & Payment
- Q: How does Christopher & Banks track orders?
- Q: What is the technology behind the tracking?
- Q: How can I keep track of how many people I refer?
- Q: How much will I get paid?
- Q: When will I get paid?
Q: How does Christopher & Banks track orders?
Q: What is the technology behind the tracking?
- We use Rakutens' affiliate tracking system. You will have access to an online password protected reporting system through Rakuten that will provide you detailed statistics for your site as well as help you build your links and start earning commissions for driving sales to Christopher & Banks! To be able to identify and track visitors and properly assign commissions to referring sites, we append a unique code for each visitor to each page and each link within the page seen by the visitor. This code follows the user throughout the site. At the time a visitor completes a purchase, the code is examined and the dollar amount of the sale, together with the Source ID of the referring site, are stored in Rakutens’ database and reported back to us so that your commission can be computed and your sale can be compensated, using Rakuten tracking, Christopher & Banks will also give you credit for qualified sales within 14 days of an initial click from your website to Christopher & Banks. Qualified sales are sales that have come from customers that have visited Christopher & Banks directly within 14 days of visiting Christopher & Banks after linking from your website. However, there are situations when you won't get credit. For example, if someone follows a link from your site to Christopher & Banks, and browses but doesn't buy anything, and later follows a link from another Christopher & Banks affiliate web site, the code for the second referring site will replace yours. If you feel that orders are not tracking correctly or you deserve more credit than you are receiving, please contact the Christopher & Banks Affiliate Manager by emailing Meghan Jenkins at .
Q: How can I keep track of how many people I refer?
- We provide 24 hour access to detailed reports that allow you to track sales and traffic activity. There are numerous online reports on Rakuten that are updated daily. These reports tell you how many users saw and clicked-through to links to Christopher & Banks from your site, how many orders were placed, which products were purchased, how much your site has earned in commission, and much more. These reports will help you maximize your revenue.
Q: How much will I get paid?
- Commission rates are based on the net sales (as defined in the Affiliate Agreement) you generate per month. You can earn commission on all products, except Gift Cards. If a customer comes to Christopher & Banks directly from your site or directly to Christopher & Banks within 14 days of visiting your site and then buys any merchandise on Christopher & Banks, you get credit. It does not matter what type of merchandise you sell or link to from your web site. Please visit your Rakuten account to view your current commission rate.
Q: When will I get paid?
- You will be paid approximately 75 days after the end of each calendar month. If a product that generated a referral fee is returned by the customer, then we will deduct the corresponding fee from your next monthly payment. If there is no subsequent payment, we reserve the right send you a bill for the fee at the end of the following month. All of your payment preferences are set up within your Account on Rakuten.
Linking To Christopher & Banks
- Q: How do I create links to Christopher & Banks
- Q: What are my responsibilities
- Q: What is Christopher & Banks' responsibility
- Q: Should I mention Christopher & Banks on my web site
- Q: Can I use the Christopher & Banks name and logo on my site
- Q: Can I change the images provided by Christopher & Banks
- Q: Can I use descriptions, etc.
- Q: Can I link to your home page
- Q: How do I change my account information
Q: How do I create links to Christopher & Banks?
- This is the fun part. By partnering with Rakuten, you are able to log in to your account and pick up updated, fresh creative on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Just log in to and create your links. It is so easy to use, even beginners can create links in seconds. We give you many different ways of linking to Christopher & Banks, including links to specific Christopher & Banks product categories, updated fresh creative assets, and special access to coupon codes. This allows you to maintain your site's unique look and feel, while making it very easy to link to Christopher & Banks.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
- You may set up as many links as you like to Christopher & Banks. You are responsible for using the Rakuten interface to create links, and for placing the links on your site. We allow you to link to just about anything on our site -- it's up to you how many or how few links you include. Then you sit back and we do the rest! You can always reach out to Christopher & Banks' Affiliate team for anything you may need.
Q: What is Christopher & Banks's responsibility?
- Christopher & Banks will provide you with the tools and support you need to build a successful online campaign with us through Rakuten. Rakuten is your online resource center for merchandising ideas, graphics, links, and more. And, of course, we handle orders, shipping products, billing customers, paying your commissions in a timely matter, and managing customer service.
Q: Should I mention Christopher & Banks on my web site?
- We're proud of our relationship with each of our affiliates. By downloading our logo, you add immediate brand recognition to your store. There are specific guidelines on how to identify yourself as an affiliate in our Affiliate Operating Agreement and be sure you follow all FTC guidelines. Please do not indicate that you are "part of" Christopher & Banks, "partners" with us, or that you "work for Christopher & Banks". For a variety of legal reasons, it's very important that our relationship be properly represented on your web site. If you can't find the answer to your question here, please e-mail us at e-mail us at and we'll be happy to assist you. If you're an existing affiliate, please include your website URL and Rakuten account number to help us identify your account.
Q: Can I use the Christopher & Banks name and logo on my site?
- Yes. But please do not alter our logo in any way and adhere to the guidelines above and in the Affiliate Operating Agreement. You may download logos at Rakuten.
Q: Can I change the images provided by Christopher & Banks?
- No. We have created images for you that represent our brand name and logo in a consistent fashion, for you to use without modification. If there is a banner you need that isn’t live within Rakuten, please reach out to us.
Q: Can I use descriptions, etc.?
- Content that is clearly marked with a copyright notice from a third party other than Christopher & Banks cannot be used on your site. You'll have to contact the copyright owner for permission to reproduce that material. Reviews specifically attributed to Christopher & Banks products are written by our staff and may be reproduced as long as you note our copyright. Reviews written by other sources, including professional reviewers, publications, and Christopher & Banks customers, are copyrighted by others. We reproduce them on our site by permission, but our arrangement does not give us the right to pass this permission along to our affiliates.
Q: Can I link to your home page?
- Yes. We will track all sales that take place in Christopher & Banks from your link and will credit them to your account.
Q: How do I change my account information?
- All account information is updated in the Rakuten Network Interface.